Merging two files

Questions and discussions about operating Tru-Traffic

Moderator: bullock

Merging two files

Postby Chris » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:33 pm

I'm not sure what I'm missing or if I need to tackle this problem a different way than I want. I have two seperate files for two arterials, which run parallel to each other. I now want to view the time space diagram for all the cross streets, which cross both of my arterials.

I have merged the two files with the intersections and their coresponding GPS coordinates. So I know everything is in the right place, but how do I connect the intersections so I can view the time space diagrams for the cross streets?

Thanks,
Chris
Chris

Postby bullock » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:46 pm

Hi, Chris.

In the merged file, with the two diagrams, you'll need to create additional diagrams, one for each cross street.

Use the Arterial Outline view, and click the "Add" button. Right-click on the Outline view if you're not sure which is the Add button. Be sure you first select a collapsed diagram in the Arterial Outline view before clicking the Add button, because if you have either an intersection, or an expanded diagram selected, then the Add button will insert a new intersection rather than a new diagram.

For each new diagram you add, tell it there are two intersections (unless there are more signals between your two arteries).

Here's how you can avoid reentering the timings, etc.:
    Make sure the "forward" direction is set properly in all diagrams (A, B, and each cross-street diagram) to N, S, E, W, as desired.
    Still in the Outline View, expand artery A diagram and one of the new cross street diagrams.
    Select the desired signal in the artery A diagram, and drag it to the corresponding intersection in the cross street diagram. Be sure you drag from the A diagrtm and to the cross street diagram, as this will preserve the parameters you've set in the A diagram.
    When it offers to create a link between the two diagrams, tell it you want to link Everything.
    Now expand the artery B diagram (and collapse the artery A diagram, if you like), and follow similar steps to link the signal in the B diagram to the appropriate signal in the cross-street diagram, at their common intersection.
    Repeat these steps for each of the cross street diagrams.

Hope this helps.

Regards.
Greg
bullock
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:44 pm

Greg

It seems to be working, thank you for your help and your quick reply. I would also like to mention I'm impressed with the software so far, especially with the GPS compatibility.

Chris
Chris

Return to Program Operation