Check Box for References the side street Movement

Questions and discussions about operating Tru-Traffic

Moderator: bullock

Check Box for References the side street Movement

Postby TedM » Tue May 08, 2007 2:11 pm

Maybe I'm over thinking things before.. I didn't find the check box in the help section.
From what I'm seeing its putting sidestreet green band onto the mainstreet for a visual.. Maybe for adjusting offsets on a intersecting artery?

The Check box "References the side street Movement"
TedM

Postby bullock » Thu May 10, 2007 1:27 am

The box is for specifying the offset reference point. (I think the Help topic on Offset Reference Point mentions the box).

As an example, when we say the offset references the start of the through green, usually we mean the start of the green for the arterial through, meaning, along the diagram. But in some cases, we mean the through for the street crossing the diagram. (Despite the labeling, this crossing street may actually be the main artery, if we're looking at a diagram for a minor artery). In this case, we'd check the box "References the Side Street Movement".

Let me know if that requires further clarification.

For putting a green band from the sidestreet turning onto the mainstreet diagram for a visual, we use a different set of controls: the "Action" on the Green Band page. Find the one corresponding to the desired approach from the sidestreet, and set it to Start.

Regards.
Greg
bullock
Site Admin

Return to Program Operation