phase assignment chnge

Questions and discussions about operating Tru-Traffic

Moderator: bullock

phase assignment chnge

Postby janrybar » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:24 pm

I have side street phase 4 and 8, permissive only. I want to change it to phase 4 and 7 and 3 and 8 for protected operation. I go to intersection, timing, click on phase, and change phase number. What happens next is both thru and left turn in the same direction assume the same phase number. I can not figure out how to assign them independently short of deleting the intersection and re-entering all the data back in. I have version 6.0.0.15
Any suggestions?
Jan
janrybar

Postby bullock » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:27 pm

Hi, Jan.

With ver. 6.0 (and prior), the phase number acts mainly as a label, and doesn't itself dictate the phase sequence (i.e., the order, or the simultaneity, in which movements are served). Instead, the phase sequence is determined entirely by setting the protected-turning phase sequence to either None, Lead, or Lag.

You can set the phase numbers, independently, by clicking on the movement arrow button, setting the phase number, then before clicking OK, making sure the boxes in the right panel read "Apply all items to this movement on this approach of this intersection".

Let me know if this doesn't resolve the problems.

Please note that the final release in the ver. 6.0 series was 6.0.0.46. You may download it freely. You won't have to reenter your license information. It fixes a few bugs in the version you're using. To download it, click on the Download link (http://www.tsppd.com/downloads.htm), then and click the Archives link at the bottom of that page.

Regards.
Greg
bullock
Site Admin

Postby janrybar » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:46 pm

Yeap, it worked. I guess I had incorrect "Apply all items to... " statement.
Thanks for the tip. I really like your program; I use it quite a bit in coordination tuning. Graphics really help me to see what the traffic is actually doing out there and why.
Jan
janrybar

Return to Program Operation