TSPPD export to Synchro

Questions and discussions about operating Tru-Traffic

Moderator: bullock

TSPPD export to Synchro

Postby rmyers » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:02 pm

is it possible to export a system that was created in TSPPD to Synchro 7? If so, does the Node # have to match up with the intersection ID in TSPPD? Is it best just to export the timing only and not the lane configurations?
rmyers

Re: TSPPD export to Synchro

Postby bullock » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:15 pm

Yes, this is possible, and yes the Node numbers have to match the intersection ID in TSPPD.

With version TS/PP-Draft 7.0, use File: Import/Export UTDF... and give the name(s) of the set of up to 5 files in the UTDF 2.1 format that you want to export. Leave a file name blank if you don't want to export it. When you've specified the file names, click the Export button. I don't think there's any advantage to exporting the timings only, as you still have the option in Synchro to select which file(s) you import there.

With version TS/PP-Draft 8.0, you may use File: Save As... and set the File Type to UTDF 2006 (*.CSV).

If you've saved a UTDF 2006 file from TS/PP-Draft, then in Synchro 7 you may import the "combined file" with File: Open or File: Merge. For importing into Synchro 7 the 5 files in UTDF 2.1 format, the menu is Transfer: Data Access: Version 6 Data Access. It will open a tabbed dialog that will let you pick and choose which of the five files you wish to import. I think you can also use File: Merge, even for the 5 files in UTDF 2.1 format, you just have to merge them one at a time.

If you already have the lane configurations set in Synchro, there's probably no benefit of importing them again from the UTDF files. Note that to selectively import the timings without the lane configuration, I believe you'll have to use UTDF 2.1 (the five files), not UTDF 2006 (the combined file).

Regards.
Greg
bullock
Site Admin

Return to Program Operation