Offset Reference Point in Intersection Dialog Box

Questions and discussions about operating Tru-Traffic

Moderator: bullock

Offset Reference Point in Intersection Dialog Box

Postby Mallikarjuna » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:10 pm

Hello,

My question is, In the TS/PP Intersection Dialogue box, in the Name, etc. Tab, under Offset:

There is a “Reference Point” which could be set to “Start of first through movement.” In the help manual, it defines this as “Beginning of green time for the first through movement of the artery to be served, regardless of direction of travel.” I would like some clarification on how this is to be interpreted:
For example, if intersection #7 is being programmed, is this offset reference point referring to the start of the first through movement of intersection #7 along the arterial (so whenever the default phase 2 or phase 6 have green), or the start of the first through movement of intersection #1, being the first through movement of the first intersection of the entire arterial?

The use of the word artery makes the definition a little unclear. I believe it is the former explanation, but I would like some clarification.

-Arjun
Mallikarjuna

Re: Offset Reference Point in Intersection Dialog Box

Postby bullock » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:41 pm

Hi, Arjun.

You're correct, it's the first definition. This offset reference point refers to the start of the first through movement of intersection #7 along the arterial. In this context, "artery" is a qualifier for "through movement" -- it's to exclude the through movements along the side street at that intersection.

Thank you for pointing out the ambiguity. I'll add some words to the help file and user's manual to make that more clear.

Regards.
Greg
bullock
Site Admin

Return to Program Operation