Effect of Reversing Diagram Direction on Trip Logs

Questions and discussions about operating Tru-Traffic

Moderator: bullock

Effect of Reversing Diagram Direction on Trip Logs

Postby Suzzie » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:25 pm

Hi,
I have created a large arterial and wish to flip the forward direction displayed from West, to East, in the (4) diagrams. I went through each diagram and flipped it. Each network view still looked good, with the trip logs plotted exactly along the arterial; however, when I closed and re-opened the network view the trip logs were all way off the arterial and did not even have the same form as they had previously. I checked the coordinates of the intersections and saw that they did not change, therefore something must have happened to my trip logs in the process of reversing the diagram direction. I am trying to avoid having to recreate the whole arterial so that I can have the diagrams as I need them - do you know what could have happened?
- Suzzie
Suzzie

Re: Effect of Reversing Diagram Direction on Trip Logs

Postby bullock » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:44 pm

Hi, Suzzie.

Oh, dear. While I'm not sure what happened, there's probably a simple fix: Right-click on the Network View and choose Layout Grid with Geographic Coordinates. That should ensure not just that the nodes are correctly positioned but also that the trip logs appear in the right locations.

Can you help me reproduce the conditions that gave rise to this? That is, can you send me a copy of the .Dgm file with the pre-flipped diagrams so I can work through the same steps to learn how the problem arises?

Regards.
Greg
bullock
Site Admin

Postby Suzzie » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:37 am

Greg,
That did work :D Thanks.
As for reproducing the problem, it even works with the sample files with trip logs. Just reverse the direction (using the R click on diagram method) then close and re-open the network view.
-Suzzie
Suzzie

Postby bullock » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:27 pm

Thank you, Suzzie.

You're right, of course. I confirm that I can reproduce the problem using the sample file with trip logs. Version 8.0.0.18 will fix the problem. Should be available within the next day or so.

Thank you for reporting the problem.

Regards.
Greg
bullock
Site Admin

Return to Program Operation