Fuel consumption & Emissions per run instead of per hour

Questions and discussions about operating Tru-Traffic

Moderator: bullock

Fuel consumption & Emissions per run instead of per hour

Postby bullock » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:17 pm

A user recently emailed a question that may be of general interest:
I was wondering if there is a way that I could get the Cumulative Fuel used per run (in gallons) and the Cumulative Emission data per run (in grams)? I see where you can get g/s and g/hr, but I would like to have just gallons or grams. Do I just have to multiply these numbers by the travel time of that run or is there a column that calculates just gallons and just grams?

The g/veh (or, equivalently, g/run) are already included in the set of columns "Emissions using CMEM for Vehicle Category 4.URC" that you downloaded from the Downloads page http://www.tru-traffic.com/downloads.htm, but they're turned off by default, so you just need to turn them on. You may also want to turn off the ones you don't care about to keep the TT&D report a manageable size.

For each of the g/hr quantities, there's a corresponding g/veh or g/run quantity that is calculated first, and the g/hr is then calculated as the g/run multiplied by the through volume (veh/hr). In your case, you want the original values -- the ones that have not yet been multiplied by the through volume.

Go to View: Preferences: Layout: TT&D Report: Report Columns.
Scrolling to the bottom, you'll find a series of g/hr columns already checked
Code: Select all
CMEM_VC4_CO
CCMEM_VC4_CO
CMEM_VC4_HC
CCMEM_VC4_HC
CMEM_VC4_NOx
CCMEM_VC4_NOx
CMEM_VC4_CO2
CCMEM_VC4_CO2
CMEM_VC4_FC
CCMEM_VC4_FC

You'll probably want to uncheck all of these. To do this en masse, use left-click and Shift left-click to select them all, then click the Clear All icon in the right panel.

For each one of these items, you'll find a corresponding g/veh column about 9 or 10 items up with a "T" in the name just after the final underscore:
Code: Select all
CMEM_VC4_TCO
CCMEM_VC4_TCO
CMEM_VC4_THC
CCMEM_VC4_THC
CMEM_VC4_TNOx
CCMEM_VC4_TNOx
CMEM_VC4_TCO2
CCMEM_VC4_TCO2
CMEM_VC4_TFC
CCMEM_VC4_TFC

These are the ones you'll want to check instead. As before, to do this en masse, use left-click and Shift left-click to select them all, then click the Check All icon in the right panel.
bullock
Site Admin

Return to Program Operation