How do I spread the Diagram out for better viewing?

Questions and discussions about operating Tru-Traffic

Moderator: bullock

How do I spread the Diagram out for better viewing?

Postby TedM » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:11 pm

Just started using the software..

I've managed to spread out the Diagram on one artery...

How do I spread out the Diagram so its scrunched together...
TedM

Postby bullock » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:19 am

There is a variety of ways to do this.

Usually the best, and easiest, is to left-drag a box around some subset of the intersections. This "zooms in" the diagram in the sense that it adjusts the horizontal or distance scale (but not the vertical or time scale) and the distance to the first intersection so that the selected intersections just fill the alloted space on the page without any wasted space. Note that when you do this, it doesn't matter how tall of a box you drag or, for the most part, exacly how wide of a box you drag; What matters is which intersections are included in the box you drag.

In this zoomed in mode, the diagram spans multiple pages. Use the PageUp and PageDn cursor keys, or the equivalent buttons on the tool bar, to jump to the neighboring pages. When you print, you have the option of printing selected pages or all pages. The software tries to leave enough overlap between neighboring pages so that one intersection is repeated on both pages, so with the printouts, you can put them on a light table, overlay them, and tape them together to make one long diagram.

Another techniques is to set the diagram size -- the width specifically -- to be fairly large (25 inches, for example). This works find if your printer (or plotter) can handle large paper sizes, or if you're not bothering with printouts.

To reduce the overlaping of intersection text along the bottom of the diagram, you can either choose "Small Fonts" for the Intersection Names, or in Preferences: Layout: Misc increase the number of lines over which the text is staggared.

Let us know if none of these tricks are satisfactory (and why). I or someone might be able to make further suggestions.

Regards.
Greg
bullock
Site Admin

Return to Program Operation