Roads the split into one way then merge back together

Questions and discussions about operating Tru-Traffic

Moderator: bullock

Roads the split into one way then merge back together

Postby TedM » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:38 pm

I'm doing Timing on a road with a lake. at either end of the lake the road splits and becomes one way each direction on both sides of the lake..

Basically it two way road that Splits to a "One way road" and then merges back into a two way road.

Does any one have an example of this...

Another thing its all one highway but the roads on either side of the lake have names..

Thanks....
TedM

Postby bullock » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:51 pm

Hi, Ted.

There's a topic in the Frequently Asked Questions section of the help file on this very question. It's also at http://www.tsppd.com/faq.htm#TwoWayArteryToOneWay, which I just now updated, so it has a little more explanation right now than the help file. There, the question is worded, "I have a two-way artery that splits into a pair of one-way arteries which then merge back into a two-way artery. How do I model this?".

Also, under the Help menu, choose "Sample Diagram Files..." and you can find two sample files that demonstrate method A and method B described in the FAQ.

One difference is that in the problem discussed in the FAQs and shown in the sample diagrams, the intersections in the split portion of the artery are +-intersections, whereas yours will be T-intersections.

Let me know if the FAQ isn't clear or if you have more questions about this.

Regards.
Greg
bullock
Site Admin

Return to Program Operation