Splash screen freeae

Questions and discussions about operating Tru-Traffic

Moderator: bullock

Splash screen freeae

Postby Chris » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:20 pm

Some of us in our purchase have had TruTraffic freeze on startup. This happens 5% of the time when a spash screen pops open on strating the program that avertises new versions of the software. When this screen disappears it appears to remain active off the screen. Meaning if you do not hit cancel fast enough TruTraffic will not let you do anything else as it waits for another action.
Chris

Re: Splash screen freeae

Postby bullock » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:13 am

Thank you for reporting that problem.

From your description, I can guess roughly where it's hanging up, but I'll need some more details. I'll create a special build for you that will collect some diagnostics and help us learn what's going on. We'll get it fixed.

Regards.
Greg
bullock
Site Admin

Re: Splash screen freeae

Postby bullock » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:44 am

I'm hoping that version 10.0.22.0, now available for download, fixes this problem.

To help us learn more about what's going on, you've been running a special, diagnostic version the software that included some changes that could possibly have fixed the problem. You ran that version for a month and report that the problem has not recurred. It's not solid proof, but that test gives us some reason to believe that the error is finally fixed.

In any case, 10.0.22.0 includes those changes, and letting your coworkers run the newer version will quickly expose it to more extensive testing. If anyone observes the problem recurring with the newer version, please report it.

Regards.
Greg
bullock
Site Admin

Return to Program Operation