offset change

Questions and discussions about operating Tru-Traffic

Moderator: bullock

offset change

Postby Chris » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:29 pm

Here is something new. I have a large file that I have merged corridors into and imported gps points. As I have this new file and I am optimizing I find that whenever I change the band action for an intersection a particular intersection will change its offset. Now the one that will change is linked ('everything') to another corridor. I am running V10.0.22.0
Chris

Re: offset change

Postby bullock » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:52 pm

Yep, that's a bug all right. Exposed by what was probably an input error.

It seems that in the N San Pedro Ave diagram, the offset at Basse Rd is declared to reference the cross-street movement (i.e, the "Reference The Cross-Street Movement" box is checked). That was probably an input error. The bug in the software is that, even declared this way, the "everything" link should have enforced that offset in the S San Pedro Ave diagram match this, but instead it allowed the offset there to reference the arterial phase.

I'll fix that bug. Thank you for reporting it.

Meanwhile, to fix the problem, uncheck the box "Reference The Cross-Street Movement" at Basse Rd in the N San Pedro Ave diagram (and make sure the offset value is correct). Everything should be fine after that.

You may want to link the bands at Basse Rd between the N & S San Pedro Ave diagrams. If you do this, you'll need to make two links, one for the NB and one for the SB band. In each case, make the link by dragging from the "master" intersection (in the upstream diagram) to the "slave" (in the downstream diagram).
bullock
Site Admin

Re: offset change

Postby bullock » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:12 am

Versions 10.0.23.0 and 9.0.36.0, now available for download, fix the error. Thank you again for reporting it.
bullock
Site Admin

Return to Program Operation