Speed display on Time-Space Diagram

Questions and discussions about operating Tru-Traffic

Moderator: bullock

Speed display on Time-Space Diagram

Postby AnnePlatt » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:38 pm

Hi,

I'm having some trouble with the speed being displayed on my diagrams. At one time when Design Speed was selected in the Green Bands tab for all the intersections, only the design speed and it's corresponding green band would be shown on the diagram and the same went if posted speed was selected. I have recently noticed that now posted and design speed are shown and I can't figure out how to toggle it so only one is shown based on what you want to see. The diagrams seem a little more cluttered than they used to be when you could choose which speed you wanted displayed. I have included a pdf of one of my diagrams as an example. Is there a way to only show the design speed on the diagram?
Attachments
Tru-Traffic - Adelaide_E_Simcoe.pdf
(18.08 KiB) Downloaded 797 times
AnnePlatt

Re: Speed display on Time-Space Diagram

Postby bullock » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:11 pm

Good question.

This got a bit confusing in upgrading from ver. 9.0 to 10.0, as the two versions have very different methods for controlling which band(s) is(are) displayed.

With ver. 9.0, the only options are Design Speed and Posted Speed Limit, and you choose which one (or both) to display on the time-space diagram in the Arterial Diagram Parameters dialog, under the Directional tab.

With ver. 10.0, there are more band or speed "categories" to choose from, including the modes Bus Speed, Light Rail Speed, and Bicycle Speed, and you may now choose which one(s) to display on a link by link basis. To accommodate these new options, you now control the display in the Intersection Parameters dialog. The attached figure shows the general rules. In your specific case, you'll want to open the Intersection Parameters dialog for just the boundary intersections, choose the band or speed category that you wish to hide, then set the Action to Stop. It will offer to apply the change at each signal downstream. In this case, you can decline, as the downstream signals are probably already set to show this band only if an upstream signal has "Started" it.

Regards.
Greg
Attachments
ControllingDisplayOfBandCategories.png
ControllingDisplayOfBandCategories.png (59.61 KiB) Viewed 7085 times
bullock
Site Admin

Re: Speed display on Time-Space Diagram

Postby AnnePlatt » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:16 pm

Got it!

Thanks so much for your quick reply! :P
AnnePlatt