TRIP LOG PLOTS

Questions and discussions about operating Tru-Traffic

Moderator: bullock

TRIP LOG PLOTS

Postby trafficdata2000 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:28 pm

I recently conducted a a travel time run that has two segments running concurrently on the same corridor. I drove the route combining both segments as one connected run in both directions. At the bottom of "Make Travel Time and Delay Report" screen, I can select any nodes that I'd like to generate a report for and I will get any half processed perfectly but when I try to print the Trip logs and plots for the nodes that I selected, the program gives me the full length of the total nodes instead of the few that I chose to include in the report. Is there a way to print the Trip logs and plots just for the nodes that are selected to make the report?
Attachments
McDaniel St TTR map.pdf
Attached are the two segments that I'm working on.
(190.85 KiB) Downloaded 604 times
trafficdata2000

Re: TRIP LOG PLOTS

Postby bullock » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:34 pm

Good question.

There are multiple ways to plot a trip log for just a subsection of the route. Perhaps the easiest would be to create a separate arterial timings diagram for just that subsection (see below), but fully linked to the arterial diagram of the complete route. That way, any changes you make to intersections in the common subsection will automatically affect both arterial timings diagrams, and to create plots for either the full route or just the subsection, you start by selecting the desired arterial timings diagram.

To create a separate arterial timings diagram for just that subsection,
  1. Open the Arterial Outline View (View: Outline View)
  2. Right-click on the route of interest, and choose Duplicate from the popup menu
  3. Click Yes to accept the offer to "Link all intersections between original and duplicate arteries?"
  4. The Outline View will now show duplicates of the given route.
  5. If necessary, expand the duplicate in the Outline View so you can see the individual nodes along the route.
  6. As desired, select nodes one at a time in that duplicate and press the Delete key to trip the route to just the subsection of interest.

Any changes you make to the nodes in the common subsection will automatically appear in both arterial diagrams.
To create plots for either the full route or just the subsection, first select the corresponding arterial timings diagram, then choose View: Plots from Trip Logs....
bullock
Site Admin

Return to Program Operation