Issue with Pasting into to word processing program

Questions and discussions about operating Tru-Traffic

Moderator: bullock

Issue with Pasting into to word processing program

Postby kent.blunt » Tue May 16, 2017 12:15 am

Good evening,

I am attempting to export the TD diagrams in a format that will read clearly for use with PowerPoint, word etc. I tried using the Edit->Copy->Arterial Diagram method, but there were a few issues that occurred when I tried pasting into PowerPoint.

1. The image was cut off at the bottom and right. The intersection, distance axis was cut off and the right portion was cut off.
2. I have the split times for each phase shown on the diagram, but when I paste into a word processor, each split time now has a white box behind it.

A weird thing is both of these issues don't occur if I paste into the Paint program. I would use this method but there is compression that occurs once the paint image is pasted into the word program.

Also, when I print the TD diagram to PDF, the entire diagram is printed but still with the white boxes behind the split times.

Any advice on how to troubleshoot this is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Kent
kent.blunt

Re: Issue with Pasting into to word processing program

Postby bullock » Tue May 16, 2017 12:49 am

Oh dear.

Thank you for reporting those problems. I'll look into them.

In the meantime, you can work around them by using (in PowerPoint, Word etc.) Paste: Paste Special, selecting the Bitmap format. To ensure adequate resolution, before copying in Tru-Traffic, you may want to first Zoom to a level high enough to hide any pixelation.

Regards.
Greg
bullock
Site Admin

Re: Issue with Pasting into to word processing program

Postby kent.blunt » Tue May 16, 2017 12:17 pm

Thank you for the bitmap suggestion! That method is working for me.

Thanks,
Kent
kent.blunt

Return to Program Operation