Zoom function in Network View

Questions and discussions about requests for new features in future versions of Tru-Traffic

Moderator: bullock

Zoom function in Network View

Postby Chris » Thu May 15, 2008 1:52 pm

This feature may be something that is there already and I have not found yet. I would like to be able to zoom in on a trip log; as a view that shows the whole network cannot show enough about the trip. I have noticed that on some of my larger networks it would be nice to zoom in on a particular area.

Chris Georges
Chris

Re: Zoom function in Network View

Postby bullock » Thu May 15, 2008 5:33 pm

Thank you for the fine suggestion, Chris.

Please note that the Zoom box in the toolbar applies to the Network View as well as the time-space diagram. With the Network View at the fore, you can use that box to zoom up to 500%. Here, the percent zoom uses as a baseline the "optimal" scale that fills the window with the entire network, with about a 10% margin. So the percent is actually based on the current size of the Network View, and even at a 500% zoom level, you can still achieve additional zoom by maximizing the TS/PP-Draft window and maximizing the Network View within it.

The zoom level applies to almost everything in the Network View, including the trip logs and the background map image (if any).

Let me know if this isn't what you have in mind. I'm sure there are additional improvements that could be made to this.

Regards.
Greg
bullock
Site Admin

Re: Zoom function in Network View

Postby Chris » Thu May 15, 2008 6:21 pm

Thanks for the info, it's exactly what I need.
Chris

Return to Feature Wish List