'Custom' Green Band Action

Questions and discussions about requests for new features in future versions of Tru-Traffic

Moderator: bullock

'Custom' Green Band Action

Postby DVielkanowitz » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:17 pm

In the intersection edit window, on the Green Bands tab, include an Action of 'Custom' that allows the user to manually (click, hold, drag) the start and/or stop green band limits directly on the Time Space Diagram (similiar to the way an intersection's offset can be adjusted).

I know the Action 'Start' allows the user to manually enter the Offset and Width, but I'll admit to being lazy and prefer the point and click functionality. This will allow the user to massage the green band, taking into account consistent 'gap-out' intersections and develop a more realistic green band without the back-and-forth use of the intersection edit window.
DVielkanowitz

Re: 'Custom' Green Band Action

Postby bullock » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:27 pm

Thank you for the fine suggestion. I'll try to add it, or a variant of it, to the upcoming ver. 9.0. Rather than defining a new Action, I may instead enable on-screen drag/edits whenever the action is set to Start. Perhaps the Ctrl, Shift, or Alt key can distinguish an offset-drag from a band-limit-drag. You may have further improvements on the idea.

Regards.
Greg
bullock
Site Admin

Return to Feature Wish List