FYA support

Questions and discussions about requests for new features in future versions of Tru-Traffic

Moderator: bullock

FYA support

Postby Chris » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:54 pm

Could a FYA (flashing yellow arrow) option be added to type of left turn. This allows a permitted protected left turn to not cause a left turn trap if you use a four section head. If I define my signal head as this type of operations FYA I should not get the warning that warns of a left turn trap.
Chris

Re: FYA support

Postby bullock » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:50 pm

That's a great suggestion. Thank you.

If I understand correctly, it would probably be sufficient to be able to suppress the yellow trap warnings on selected approaches, instead of it being a global all-or-nothing warning suppression. Is that correct? Or is there more to it than merely selectively suppress the warning?

Regards.
Greg
bullock
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:48 pm

I guess the warning suppression is important (because that becomes the annoyance) but does signal optimization know it can lead and lag?
Chris

Postby bullock » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:13 pm

The optimization permits both lead and lag provided the phase sequence is not set to "Locked", but currently it will warn about the yellow trap hazard and suggest that you lock the protected phase to "lead." But if you could selectively suppress the warning, then the optimization would quietly permit both lead and lag.
bullock
Site Admin

Postby bullock » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:01 am

This option (to suppress the yellow trap warnings on selected approaches) is in ver. 10.0.8.0, now available for download.

Enjoy.
Greg
bullock
Site Admin

Return to Feature Wish List