Letter Designation as part of ID number

Questions and discussions about requests for new features in future versions of Tru-Traffic

Moderator: bullock

Letter Designation as part of ID number

Postby Chris » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:22 pm

Can you allow the use of letters as part of ID number? The use case is when I have multiple intersection controlled by one controller. So I have two intersections on TT but only one controller number. So I would like to do something like 3655E and 3655W.
Chris

Re: Letter Designation as part of ID number

Postby bullock » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:14 pm

Thank you for the good suggestion, Chris. It's now on the list for the next major version.

A minor complication is that the ID number is the sole means of identifying intersections when sharing data with other software through UTDF, and the restriction within UTDF is that it be a number (between 1 - 9999, as I recall), not a string. So for your purposes, Tru-Traffic will need to treat any letter suffixes or prefixes as a separate part of the ID, to be included or omitted in the ID depending on the context. But this shouldn't cause much trouble.
bullock
Site Admin

Re: Letter Designation as part of ID number

Postby Chris » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:06 pm

I feel the need when importing points from google earth to TruTraffic, but thats the only process I would use the feature.
Chris

Return to Feature Wish List