Multi Intersection Offset change

Questions and discussions about requests for new features in future versions of Tru-Traffic

Moderator: bullock

Multi Intersection Offset change

Postby Chris » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:54 pm

I love changing intersection offsets by selecting the intersection on the time space diagram and using the arrows to manipulate the value. It would be nice to select a series of intersections either by using a cursor box drag selection or a shift/ctrl selection. Then use your cursor arrows keys to increment through the offsets. Doing it through the menu is a little too big and involved.

PS It would also be nice if the increments were always 1 second rather than a percentage/rounding thing it does now. I get caught with increments of 92,93,94,96 and having to dive into the intersection view to get the 95 second offset
Chris

Re: Multi Intersection Offset change

Postby bullock » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:41 am

Great suggestions. Thank you! They're both on the to-do list for the next version.

Regarding the size of the offset increment, the software currently does work in seconds (not percent). The catch is that it doesn't necessarily work in whole seconds. Instead, it works in pixels. Based on the current scale and zoom factor of the diagram, it figures out how many seconds per pixel. The reasoning is that's the fundamental unit of resolution on the screen -- the smallest detectable difference. The plain arrow keys increment the equivalent of 4 pixels, and Alt+ or Ctrl+ modify that to be either 1 pixel or, I think, 16 pixels. In any case, it figures out how many seconds that corresponds to and increments the offsets accordingly.

I'll use your suggestion to come up with a better way in an upcoming version.

Regards.
Greg
bullock
Site Admin

Return to Feature Wish List